Re: [Q] Pragma directive to shut up the Wefc++ messages from STL?

Perhaps I should have trimmed egcs-bugs from the list of recipients.

+  Is there a pragma directive or something else to shut off the
+  messages produced with warning option -Wefc++.

Not at the moment.  I haven't heard of any plans to implement such, but I'm
hardly an authoritative source.  This falls into the category of, "if you
don't want the messages, don't add the warning option."

When I use -Weffc++, I often pipe the results through a grep or two in order
to remove those.  It's not a problme during development, since I don't use
-Weffc++ during development for just this reason.  I just fire it up at the
end to see what I may have missed.

+  Is there a plan to "correct" causes of these warnings in STL
+  in the future?

This is the only remaining empty stub in the initial libstdc++ FAQ... There
was a big discussion on the libstdc++-v3 list about Weff, but it occured
before the list was archived, and I don't recall much of it now.

I think the consensus was, "first we get the missing stuff working."

Phil