Re: When will PGCC be merged with EGCS?

  In message <199905071336.JAA06313@ll.mit.edu>you write:
  > Now this is an interesting statement. I wonder what it means? I heard that
  > gcc and egcs have been merged but I don't see any evidence of that.
More correctly, there is an agreement between the FSF & the egcs project for
the egcs project to take over GCC maintenance.

There are still many details to work out.  I'm hoping that we can work out the
first batch of details such that the next major release (what we've been
calling egcs-1.2) will instead be gcc-3.0 (or gcc-2.99, whatever) and would be
available on both prep and the egcs ftp server.

  > Where is the merged version? Or what is the latest version to get?
egcs-1.1.x is the recommended compiler.  gcc-2.8.x is horribly buggy.

jeff