Re: When will PGCC be merged with EGCS?

> Now that the unfortunate gcc/egcs fork has been resolved, I hope that

Now this is an interesting statement. I wonder what it means? I heard that gcc
and egcs have been merged but I don't see any evidence of that.

I wanted to download the latest C/C++ compiler. So I went to my usual download
site: prep.ai.mit.edu. I looked for gcc and egcs. I found gcc; latest version
2.8.1: same version as several months ago. No trace of egcs, or a later gcc.

So, next I went to Cygnus. I found a place to download egcs, but no mention of
any gcc (except the announcement that they have been merged).

So, what I see is exactly what I saw a few months ago before the announcement:
Two separate compilers: a gcc 2.2.1, and an egcs-1.*.

Where is the merged version? Or what is the latest version to get?

Please help this confused user who checked all the places he could think of
and is still confused!

-- DavidC