Re: Serious Solaris problem (effects egcs-1.2)

> What if we tried to figure out the full pathname of AS in the cases:
>
> elif test -x "$AS"; then
> 	gcc_cv_as="$AS"
>
> and
>
> elif test x$host = x$target; then
> 	# Native build.
> 	gcc_cv_as=as$host_exeext
> fi
>
> and set DEFAULT_ASSEMBLER accordingly?  We should probably do the same
> for DEFAULT_LINKER, though, in the name of the principle of least
> surprise.

I like this. Plus in addition to this, if --with-as= is not used on systems
with both GNU as and native as, I think it would be a good idea if it would
default to the native as and only if --with-gas is specified or --with-as=
points to GNU as, no matter which as comes first in $PATH.

Cheers,
    Jakub
Jakub Jelinek | jj@sunsite.mff.cuni.cz | http://sunsite.mff.cuni.cz
Administrator of SunSITE Czech Republic, MFF, Charles University
UltraLinux  |  http://ultra.linux.cz/  |  http://ultra.penguin.cz/
Linux version 2.2.5 on a sparc64 machine (3958.37 BogoMips)