Re: java to win32

> Probably not.  The main porting issues are not the compiler,
> but the run-time system for the executable.  I.e. you need to
> implement threads, gc, and exception handling for the Philips Nino.
> It is a good chance this will be easy, but it may be difficult,
> and in any case there is a little bit of figuring out what to do.

Hm... I am kind of confused because I thought that libgcj includes much of
the runtime stuff. Does the problem lie in the fact that libgcj is not yet
complete (i.e. does not have all the libraries and does not have a bytecode
interpreter)? Or is libgcj target-specific?

Thanks again for you quick and helpful responses.