Re: (Getting rid of) man pages

Alexandre Oliva wrote the following:

> On Apr 22, 1999, CaT <cat@zip.com.au> wrote:
>
> > Gerald Pfeifer wrote the following:
>
> >> I therefore propose to remove those man pages, at least those that are
> >> obsolete and virtually unmaintained, from the distribution, and solely
> >> refer to the info and HTML docs.
>
> > html would be just as bad. :/
>
> What's wrong with lynx? :-)

Absolutely nothing. Lynx quite frankly rocks my world. I've even adapted
an SSL patch to work witht he development releases.

I just have a problem with such a layout for manpages. it annoys me.

> > What IS ionvolved in maintaining the man pages btw?
>
> Your sending legal papers to the FSF to become their official
> maintainer? :-D

That sounds, well, rather ominous. :)

--
CaT (cat@zip.net.au)                       URL: http://www.zip.com.au/dev/null