(Getting rid of) man pages

As far as I understand, our man pages have not been maintained for a
rather extensive period of time.

Of course on the first page we have
   This man page is not kept up to date except when  volunteers
   want  to maintain it.
but, at least according to `cvs log` there are virtually no such
volunteers.

I therefore propose to remove those man pages, at least those that are
obsolete and virtually unmaintained, from the distribution, and solely
refer to the info and HTML docs.

Gerald, fetching his asbesto suit...