Re: libf2c FLAGS_TO_PASS [was Re: egcs-1.2 stuff ]

 >> >I don't have HJ's patch to look
 >> >at, but if it does just what the ChangeLog says it does, I think it's
 >> >the Right Thing.

You are very wise.  It doesn't.

[FWIW, IIRC there was a good historical reason for the exact quoting
used from the days of GCC 2.5 or 2.6, so people have had a good chance
to complain.]

 >> Okay, that's all I need to hear...I approve it!  Won't commit it
 >> tonight, probably, so if Jeff or someone has it handy, they can go
 >> ahead...otherwise I'll dig it out soon and apply it myself.

If you don't believe what I said before and don't want my ossifying
fix, please read the Makefile.  Or actually try on the config.status
target.

[It's surely clear that RUNTESTFLAGS is irrelevant to libf2c, at best
a fossil.]

PICFLAG might also get attention depending on whether someone can
explain it or not.

 Jeff> I don't have the patch handy.

 Jeff> I'd go groping through the archives myself, but the subject on
 Jeff> this thread hasn't been well suited to searching for specific
 Jeff> patches until now :-)

Thanks for changing the Subject: off a thread I killed.

 Jeff> HJ, if you have the patch handy and send it, I will install it.
 Jeff> Else I'll wait for Craig to find it.

Sigh.