Re: Addition of 6811 assembler target

  In message <3713C36A.317DF0D7@worldnet.fr>you write:
  > The biggest problem I'm now facing with, is that the 68hc11 has so fiew
  > registers (3 available for gcc), that the reload pass of egcs sometimes
  > complains about 'Unable to find a register to spill.'.
Yes.  This problem will haunt you through the life of the port.  3 registers
just isn't generally enough to keep gcc happy.

I dont know the 68hc11 well, but in the 6502 ports folks have had some
success defining some additional "registers" that were actually locations in
page zero.  You may be able to do something similar.

jeff