Re: egcs1.1.2 lnx cross ppc newuser followup

Jeff> 1. Is is possible these symbols are supposed to be defiend by the linker
Jeff> via a linker script?   I believe this is the case.

Jeff> 2. Or are they supposed to be provided by the libc on your target system?
Jeff> Less likely than #1, but possible.

      I know that GCC/EGCS explicitly provides those symbols in assembly
file "crt" bookends for eABI.  I thought that Linux provided its own
crti/crtn bookends for the link step.  The LinuxPPC configuration seems to
specifically look for crt1.o, crti.o, crtbegin.o, crtend.o, crtn.o.  It
even looks for ecrti.o and ecrtn.o if -mnewlib is used.

David