Re: java to win32

> If I obtain a Linux box, I should be able to install the latest release of
> EGCS (which I believe has GCJ integrated into it), configure it to
> cross-compile MIPS assembly, and run the resulting executable on a Philips
> Nino (which has a MIPS-based 32-bit RISC processor).
>
> Does that sound correct to you?

Probably not.  The main porting issues are not the compiler,
but the run-time system for the executable.  I.e. you need to
implement threads, gc, and exception handling for the Philips Nino.
It is a good chance this will be easy, but it may be difficult,
and in any case there is a little bit of figuring out what to do.

	--Per Bothner
Cygnus Solutions     bothner@cygnus.com     http://www.cygnus.com/~bothner