Re: Optimization

> An FYI -- current development snapshots perform this optimization and
> thus egcs-1.2 will perform this optimization when released.
>
> This optimization was made possible by Mark Mitchell's type based alias
> analysis will allows the compiler to realize that the floating point
> stores in the loop can not access the same memory as the integer loads
> that were initially in the loop.  This exposes the integer loads to loop
> invariant code motion optimizations.

Yes, I'm following the development of egcs closely and I'm currently using
different snapshots on SGI Octane, DEC alpha, and a Linux PC-cluster. The
efficiency for numerical computations is very good now, and I'm looking
forward to a version 1.2 stable on all platforms.

Thank you very much for your efforts!

Regards
/Oskar Enoksson