Re: egcs-1.2 stuff

On Wed, Mar 24, 1999 at 10:53:46PM +0100, Toon Moene wrote:
> 2. It might be best to enable -fno-strict-aliasing by default from
>    the Fortran Frontend, because Fortran knows of no type based
>    aliasing rules.

No.  What'll happen is that the Fortran front end simply won't
set any alias sets, and so normally the strict alias code just
won't fire.

However, it is well within the relm of possibility that we can
use alias sets for spill slots and whatnot, independant of the
source language.  So it wouldn't be especially good to just
turn off -fstrict-aliasing arbitrarily.

r~