Re: bootstrapping with `cc -n32' on IRIX 6.3 fails compare

 > From: Alexandre Oliva <oliva@dcc.unicamp.br>
 >
 > On Mar 24, 1999, jerry@cs.ucsb.edu (Jerry James) wrote:
 >
 > > On Mar 24, 1999, you wrote:
 > >> On Mar 23, 1999, "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu> wrote:
 >
 > > [snip]

 > >> Dunno, how can I find it out?  I tried various command-line flags and
 > >> nothing helped.  I even looked at the manual! :-D
 >
 > > Use the "versions" command.
 >
 > Thanks.  I get:
 >
 > oliva@duerer% versions | grep c_dev
 > I  c_dev                11/12/97  C, 7.0
 >
 > Pretty old, huh? :-(

	PS: I think I recall Jim W. specifically mentioning that some
versions of 7.0 had bugs which caused cc -n32 to fail bootstrapping gcc.
This came up in our discussion about the o32/n32 libiberty problem but
you'd have to ask him or search the archives back through last November
to get details.

		--Kaveh
--
Kaveh R. Ghazi			Engagement Manager / Project Services
ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu		Qwest Internet Solutions