RE: Failure to compile egcs-1.1.2

Sorry, I thought I'd made it clear that the same thing happened
both with and without ~user/local/bin in my path.

The odd bit to me was that the make bootstrap-lean was picking
up gnu-ld from ~user/local/bin even when I'd deliberately removed
that from the path, which I checked as "which ld" gave /usr/bin/ld,
the AIX linker.

Thanks for the fast response - the fix appears to be to delete
binutils as it is not helpful.

David