Re: egcs-build tests

FAQ alert?  Should this be documented someplace in the FAQ?  Seems
like a good question.

> Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 23:53:59 +0100
> From: Andreas Tobler <toa@pop.agri.ch>
> To: egcs-list <egcs@egcs.cygnus.com>

> sorry, but to whom can I send tests from eggs build to interpret? Or
> can i do it by myself?  and what do I have to send?

You can do it yourself.  Just go to:

http://egcs.cygnus.com/testresults/ and hit comparison latest release
(if your using a release) which right now points to
http://egcs.cygnus.com/testresults/cs406,410.html and find your
system, and click on it.

Your results should be somewhat like what others get, though some
configure flags can cause different results.  Number that are +/-3 are
good enough to be the same.  Numbers like 4 unexpected failure v 400
unexpected failures mean major badness.  The number of tests passed
also is a sanity check that you actually ran the testsuite, they
should be close.

Long term we try and make it easy for you, by engineering the number
of expected failures to be exactly equal to zero for releases, but
generally we havem't hit this level of perfection yet.  One day.

If yours if the first system of its type, click on a system that you
feel most closely matches yours (powerpc-unknown-linux if
powerpc-unknown-mach doesn't exist).

Hope this help.