objective c bumming out

System: x86-linux with glibc-2.1

Under the latest snapshot(19990314), all the objc tests failed because they
don't seem to bother to link in the threads library.

I tried compiling the tests by hand using
gcc bf-1.m -lobjc -lpthread

That worked, but when I try to execute the program, I get
objc runtime: cannot find class Object

I saw this question posted a while back (sometime in Jan) with no answer.
What am I doing wrong? Object seems to be defined in libobjc.a.

Please Cc: replies to me if possible, as I'm not subscribed.

-- arvind