Re: successful build of egcs-1.1.2-pre2

  In message <9903090503.AA46350@brahma.ticam.utexas.edu>you write:
  > on rs6000-ibm-aix4.3.2.0
  >
  > (this build *required* gnu make--build with system make failed
  > mysteriously)
Can you provide any details?  Our goal is for egcs to build with any
Posix complaint make.  However, most folks tend to use gnu-make, so
sometimes we end up depending on gnu-make features without knowing it.

  > (ps, the INSTALL/FINALINSTALL doc refers to a nonexistant URL for the build
  > status page:
  > 	http://egcs.cygnus.com/egcs-1.1.2-pre2/egcs-1.1/buildstat.html)
Should be fixed in pre3.  We've been (slowly) trying to improve the
html and text-ified html files provided in the release.

Thanks,
jeff