Re: 1.1.2 bug, news lists

>Another approach would be to reference the bug list in the FAQ.  Which would
>get the pointer into releases automatically.

Hmm, I haven't looked at the FAQ stuff carefully.  But that sounds
like a useful thing to have as well as other things we've discussed.
(E.g. a question like "Where can I find the latest information on known
bugs in [egcs;gcc;g77;g++;etc.]?", and another like "Where can I find
the latest news on what's in recent and upcoming releases?", could
be answered via URLs.)

>The next problem is figuring out how to get a pointer into the news and
>bugs section.  The labels inserted by texi2html are based on section number,
>not the name of the section.  I suspect with a little perl work we can add
>an appropriate label that can be referenced from outside the document to
>get to the bugs & news sections.

Dave Love has, in the past, talked about improvements to texi2html
being important somehow.  Sure wish I'd had more time and resources
to pay attention to his concerns *last* year, especially now that I
can more clearly see what he was talking about!

        tq vm, (burley)