This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Problem with egcs and denormalized constants?
- To: Randy Gobbel <gobbel at andrew dot cmu dot edu>
- Subject: Re: Problem with egcs and denormalized constants?
- From: Gary Thomas <gdt at linuxppc dot org>
- Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 07:42:12 -0000 (GMT)
- Cc: egcs at egcs dot cygnus dot com, linuxppc-dev at lists dot linuxppc dot org, sbb at gnu dot org, kbhend at business dot wm dot edu, David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
Which of version of BINUTILS are you using?
On 05-Mar-99 Randy Gobbel wrote:
> David Edelsohn wrote:
>> >>>>> Randy Gobbel writes:
>> Randy> P.S.: I just said the flMin problem was an egcs bug. It's actually an
>> Randy> asm bug, because the constant is correct in the .s file:
>> Randy> .LC8:
>> Randy> .float 0d1.40129846432481707092e-45
>> If I understand correctly, the bug actually is in glibc. I
>> presume that the GNU assembler is not receiving the correct value when it
>> calls upon glibc to parse the constant for it to emit into the object
> I've been poking around in binutils a bit, and it looks to me like the
> badness is actually in gas. Somewhere in expr.c is my current best
> guess. As far as I can tell, gas doesn't actually call glibc to
> translate numbers, it has its own hairy platform-independent stuff for
> PGP fingerprint: 32 8A E8 24 A1 46 26 BC F9 9D 0E B6 81 A9 02 0C
> NOTICE: I DO NOT ACCEPT UNSOLICITED COMMERCIAL EMAIL MESSAGES OF ANY
> [[ This message was sent via the linuxppc-dev mailing list. Replies are ]]
> [[ not forced back to the list, so be sure to Cc linuxppc-dev if your ]]
> [[ reply is of general interest. Please check http://lists.linuxppc.org/ ]]
> [[ and http://www.linuxppc.org/ for useful information before posting. ]]