Re: Error: Install and Test

  In message <3.0.5.32.19990302122743.009774a0@mail.interlog.com>you write:
  > Now I have another conceptual question arising out of my newbie experience:
  > I just installed a new egcs compiler but it uses libraries created by
  > someone else.
This is normal for native systems.

  > I thought libraries were best created by the compiler for
  > better integration.  If that is the case, how does one go about creating
  > all the necessary libraries using the ecgs compiler?
Not really.  The more closely a compiler follows published ABIs the less
of an issue mixing and matching objects from different compilers will be.

If you have library sources, it is possible to rebuild all your libraries
with egcs, but doing so is out of the scope of what is typically discussed
on this list -- it's highly system specific.

jeff