Why don't we just FIX the damn vthunk problem?

After all, it's not like a problem that hasn't been solved before...

It is a BIG problem when a compiler doesn't create valid code no matter
how "obscure" the feature
may be (and anyone who wants to enjoy the full benefits of C++ will
probably use multiple inheritence
sooner or later.. This bug HAS to be fixed for this to be considered a
truely viable compiler.

Are there any design documents for egcs? I'll just start working on
implimenting vthunks..but I'd be
interested to hear about approaches that you've thought of for
implimenting the vthunks....

SOMEONE has to fix this, and since this bug has made it impossible to
run several apps that I really
WANT to run, and since no-one here has actually talked about doing
anything about it... I'll start
the momentum.