Re: Exceptions on Openserver, Egcs 1.1.2-pre2

> Dag Nygren wrote:
>
> > Are C++ exceptions supposed to work on SCO Openserver 5.0.5
> > when compiled with Egcs 1.1.2-pre2 ?
>
> I haven't looked at pre2 yet, but I'd be really suprised if they
> wree broken in anything resembling the general case.
>
> The testsuite for EH on OSR5 says they work as well as they do on other
> targets.  (At least it did as of pre1 as well as for the preceeding many
> months.) If you know of cases where they don't, please submit a full
> test case.  If you're testing the waters, I say "go for it".

OK,

thanks. I am trying to compile the koffice suite here and has
ran into a lot of problems, as you can probably see from my postings
lately.
This question comes from the fact that I need the MICO library and
configure there gives me complaints about exceptions not working
with shared libraries....

As it seems like they should work I will now investigate a bit
further what is happening.

> The only thing I can think of that's sleazy on OpenServer regarding
> exceptions is that sjlj-exceptions are the default for COFF and dwarf2
> range decoding is the default for ELF.  The tools go to some effort
> to insure that you don't mix COFF and ELF willy-nilly but nothing can
> prevent a user from doing it.  If it linked at all, I wouldn't expect EH
> to work in that case.

Good to know.

BTW. Is there a gdb available for egcs compiled code? 4.17 complains
with: warning: internal error: no C/C++ fundamental type 1
and is having problems showing the correct line of code
after a breakpoint. I also tried the latest snapshot from cygnus.
This seems to work better, but doesn't seem to understand breakpoints at
all....
Sets them but never breaks.

Dag