Re: dwarf2 debug dependent upon GAS?

Hi, Jim.

Thanx for the reply.

> It works with GNU as and SGI Irix6 as.  Those are the only dwarf2 aware
> assemblers that I know about.

The native compiler and debugger on SVR5 munch dwarf2 by default.  I
don't know how aware of dwarf the assembler really is.

> The latter, sort of.  The dwarf2 standard says that some fields are offsets
> relative to the address of the final linked section.  This means that we can't
> compute these offsets until link time.

Is there some sort of tool that a human can use to help read these
tables?  I can examine the output of 'main(){}' compiled with a native
compiler using -g, but the tables are complex enough that I can't
readily parse them in my head to see how this issue is sidestepped on
the native tools.

I've asked the SCO tool dudes to offer hints.

Thanx,
RJL