Re: glibc2.1 [offtopic]

  In message <m10Clsr-000392C@ocean.lucon.org>you write:
  > >   > incompatibilities.
  > >   >
  > >   > The patch that should be in 1.1.2 is the weak symbols in crtbegin pat
  > ch.
  > > Can you please forward the "weak symbols" and "crtbegin" patch to me?  I
  >
  > Here it is.
  >
  > > assume this is something that is already in the mainline tree, right?
  > >

  > No. But I thought it should :-).
  >

  > --
  > H.J. Lu (hjl@gnu.org)
  > ----
  > Fri Dec 11 08:00:57 1998  H.J. Lu  (hjl@gnu.org)
  >
  > 	* crtstuff.c (__register_frame_info, __deregister_frame_info):
  > 	If SUPPORTS_WEAK is none zero, make them weak and check if they
  > 	are none-zero before calling them.
I went back and reviewed this discussion of this patch.

Use an attribute instead of a pragmas.

Kill the unnecessary #ifdefs around the test for nonzero.  This code is not
time critical at all, so the extra if (funcname) isn't going to have any
noticable performance impact.

These are the same things I asked you to do in December.

jeff