Stabilization/egcs-1.2

While some instability is expected (and desired) during the development
process, we need to start thinking seriously about egcs-1.2.

The instability in the tree makes it very difficult to try and work out
a reasonable schedule for the egcs-1.2 release.  This causes me great
concern as an unrealistic schedule during the early phase in a release
cycle can snowball and have major impacts of the actual release date.

So, while I won't want to stop development (there's still several things I
want to see us get into egcs-1.2), I want to see the tree stabilize I lot more
than it has been doing recently.

So, until further notice, no patches should go into the tree until they have
been bootstrapped on an effected platform.  It is the responsibility of the
submitter to perform this bootstrap testing and include information about
what target was bootstrapped with the patch submission.

I know this will be an inconvenience for some folks, but that's life.  Deal
with it.

jeff