1.1.2 Prerelease

I've put a pre-release of egcs-1.1.2 in the pub/egcs/snapshots directory
"egcs-1.1.2-prerelease" on the egcs ftp server.

I suspect we'll have a second pre-release later this week to wrap up the few
remaining open issues (cpp script, file initializer scopes, doc updates, etc).

I'd like to be sure that egcs-1.1.2 will correctly compile both glibc-2.1
and linux-2.2.1 on the major Linux architectures (x86, alpha, powerpc, sparc).

So if folks could make a point to build & test glibc-2.1 and linux-2.2.1
kernels on those architectures with the prerelease it would be greatly
appreciated.

The prototype announcement for egcs-1.1.2 is available at

http://www.cygnus.com/egcs/egcs-1.1/egcs-1.1.2.html

Comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

jeff

ps. I'm pretty happy with the state of the language front-ends for egcs-1.1.2,
but if the language mantainers have critical bugs they want to fix, we do have
time.

pps.  egcs-1.1.2 is projected as the last release in the egcs-1.1 series.  Our
focus will turn to egcs-1.2 in the immediate future.