Re: Keywords: who ecgs-1.1.1 glibc-2.0.7

 > After tackling the quest of converting to glibc from libc5, much
 > hair-pulling & frustration, I finally thought I had a stable working
 > combination of egcs and glibc only to find that 'who', 'w', and others do
 > not work correctly.  'who' and other programs that are looking for users,
 > like 'talk', cannot see all the logged in users.  Strangely enough, when
 > an xterm is spawned it's user can be seen with w/who/talk.  I remember
 > seeing messages in a list archive addressing this issue but cannot find
 > them again.  Any ideas would be much appreciated, and apologies if this is
 > misdirected.
 > -Chad

Read the glibc2 FAQ which comes with glibc 2.0.7:
2.14.   Programs like `logname', `top', `uptime' `users', `w' and
        `who', show incorrect information about the (number of)
        users on my system.  Why?

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger   aj@arthur.rhein-neckar.de    jaeger@informatik.uni-kl.de