Re: suggestion for egcs-1.1 branch, MKTEMP_EACH_FILE

  In message <19990215230912.55377@liafa1.liafa.jussieu.fr>you write:
  > It would be a good idea  to include the changes relevant to
  > MKTEMP_EACH_FILE in the  upcoming egcs-1.1 bug-fixed.
  >
  > This is an important security fix, as the use of mkstemps removes a bad
  > race condition on /tmp/ files... it's also easy to pick up & include,
  > I even added it to gcc 2.8.1 on OpenBSD.
  >
  > (check MKTEMP_EACH_FILE in gcc.c, include the modified
  > libiberty/choose-temp.c,
  > libiberty/mkstemps.c, and the relevant recent changes to
  > libiberty/configure.in and various Makefile fragments, namely use
  > libiberty.a where appropriate).
  >
  > I don't have easy net access tonight, but if it's needed, I can provide
  > the corresponding patch.
Ummm, egcs-1.1 already has the MKTEMP_EACH_FILE changes.  The only thing I
think it's missing is the recent bugfix.

I'm not planning on adding all the other stuff (rename the file, make mkstemps
conditionally included, etc).

jeff