Re: [Fwd: passing option to makefile via RPM-Spec]

On Sun, 14 February 1999, 23:45:38, toa@pop.agri.ch wrote:

 > Thanks for replying, you were the only one who did
 >
 > in the meantime I got tow steps further  and  one back.!
 > Maybe your hint was or is successful don't know. I did the following in the
 > meantime: I found somwhere in the make file my FLAGS, and also a disabling of
 > them. I pathched the corresponding one, a file found in ./config/mt-linux. I
 > patched this one with fno-vtable-thunks. No success;
 >
 > The compile worked great but  the build didn't , Is it really possible to
 > build the libstdc++with VTABLE-THUNKS off

Ahh, should have read further...; you're trying to modify the C++ build
process, while I stopped reading at CFLAGS :-(  This macro is dedicated to
the C language...  You need to redefine CXXFLAGS in order to pass
any flags to C++ related builds. Something like the following should
do:

	env CFLAGS="-O2 -g" CXXFLAGS="-O2 -g -fno-vtable-thunks" \
	    $RPM_BUILD_DIR/egcs-$RPM_PACKAGE_VERSION/configure -v --prefix=/usr \
	    --enable-shared --enable-threads \
	    $RPM_ARCH-redhat-linux

 > Please give me a hint, since three weeks I try to do so, but  I only get long
 > compile times with no success.
 >

 > Thanks in Advance

You're welcome.

Later,