Re: Stabilization status

Am Mon, 15 Feb 1999 schrieb Jeffrey A Law:
>In message <99010521361700.01228@ns1102.munich.netsurf.de>you write:
>  > I further investigated this and it seems to be a binutils problem. Michael
>  > Meissners recent change to put things into .sbss instead of .sdata triggers
>  > a bug in binutils-2.9.1.0.19a (and earlier probably). I built egcs with a
>  > current gas snapshot without problems.
>  >
>  >
>  > I would appreciate if someone could send the corresponding binutils fix to
>  > H.J Lu, so he can include it in binutils-2.9.1.0.20.
>It occurs to me that we should probably have an FAQ entry on the need for a
>newer assembler on ppc-linux.
>
>Want to write one up and submit it?
>
>If you don't know html, then submitting plaintext is fine, it can be html-ized
>easily.

Yeah, I can write something up. Would you mind placing a gas-981227-ppc.tar.gz
into the infrastructure dir? Then I can hyperlink to it. Later/current snapshots
don't check well on the PPC. One, hopefully harmless :-), test will always fail,
cause -fdata-sections is not yet implemented in egcs for PPC.

Franz.