Re: egcs and linux

> On Sun 14/02 13:39 +0100, Steinar Bang wrote:

>> Today 1.1.1 doesn't work properly on linux without H.J.'s patches.

> I've been able to compile egcs-1.1.1 on Linux (2.0, glibc same)
> without difficulty, and compiled dozens of programs that have worked
> without error.

Try getting
	http://www.metis.no/private/sb/misc/egcslinkso.tar.gz
cd to the egcslinkso directory, unpack and do a make.  If the shared
library in the directory builds, then I would very much like to know
your exact configuration of kernel and libc and everything relevant.

> Specifically, what are HJL's patches for, and when would they be
> `necessary?'

Well,... I can only speak for myself: when I encounter a bug in the
compiler that won't let me build my application.