Re: multiple definitions of 'xxx keyed to...' in egcs-1.1.1

> I haven't followed this whole discussion, so maybe I'm completely off base
> with the discussion (also allow that I don't use C++ enough to always know
> what y'all are talking about :-), but a shared library initializer routine
> must be global.
>
> Consider a non-ELF system where the shared library is loaded explicitly at
> run time by the main program.

Yes, non-ELF systems are a problem, and whatever the fix we find,
we'll also find a way to break it.

What HJ and I now agree on is that we should fix this problem on ELF
systems for good, regardless of the problems experienced on other
systems. So on ELF systems (and other systems with 'real' initializer
functionality), the global ctor function does not need to be external.

Regards,
Martin