Re: kernel-2.2.1-undefined references.

    Geez people lighten up! This is worse than the C++-in-kernel thread that
occurs in the linux list. I think we've identified what the issue is here
(right?). Now - who's the guy who makes the decision (Jeff?) and what's it going
to be?

    I think Linus and company are slightly aware of what the egcs team has
provided and I don't think your recitation was intended to clarify his mind. This
"discussion" is only wasting my time and every one else's who attempts to keep up
with this list.

    If the issue isn't completely understood by both sides yet perhaps Linus could
provide a couple of source examples (if he hasn't already - I haven't bothered to
read every tirade, err message in this thread) who's behavior has changed and an
egcs maintainer could either say "it will be fixed" or, at least, explain how one
might predict whether or not the code will inline as expected. The last I heard,
these computer things were still deterministic and truly random results were still
hard to generate...

    flame out,

        Ben Scherrey