Re: kernel-2.2.1-undefined references.

> From: craig@jcb-sc.com
> Date: 12 Feb 1999 03:11:18 -0000

> If that's right, this problem will occur again, sooner or later.

Yes, and I can tell you when too.  When the kernel doesn't fit on a
floppy, and they exhaust all compressive techniques, and someone
discovers -Os makes the kernel run faster and that it is smaller,
someone will discover those routines that were inline, are not
anymore.

:-(

Then we can hear the bug reports again and explain that even when you
ask the compiler to inline, with -Os, _sometimes_ the compiler
doesn't.

I will provide a link back to this message when it happens later.