Re: kernel-2.2.1-undefined references.

On Mon, 8 Feb 1999, Lee Iverson wrote:

> It occurs to me that we do, in fact have an acceptable method of
> *guaranteeing* inlining of a *function* in gcc.  That is a combination
> of a macro and the "Statement Expression" extension.

Sure.

Why don't you just remove "inline" completely, then?

It's apparently ok to break documented and existing behaviour of "inline".
Go read the gcc documentation about "extern inline", the whole thing is
_designed_ to be a much more readable form of #define.

Oh, well, I don't care any more. Make up your own rules, and break
documented behaviour.

		Linus