Re: Wanted: ETA for working friendly template support in EGCS.

> Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 19:37:58 -0500
> To: egcs@egcs.cygnus.com
> From: Paul Derbyshire <pderbysh@usa.net>

> I'm repeatedly assured that when either
> a) an x86 GCC comes out that supports an image format more flexible
>    than the benighted COFF or
> b) a working, robust, reliable, and transparent hack to make template
>    instantiation work without missing and duplicate symbols is put
>    into a COFF-using GCC
> it will be an egcs and it will come from here.

> So, does anyone have an estimate on when such a thing will be available?

Have you tried -frepo on coff from an egcs snapshot or egcs and ELF?
What doesn't it do that you want?  It should be there today, and it
should just work.  We see some complaints with repo every now and
then, but if you don't hit them, then they should not impact you, and
as far as ELF goes, I offhand don't recall seeing any reports that
aren't fixed with it (though I don't memorize those types of reports,
so forgive me if I am not up-to-date on the state of the art in
linkonce).