Re: Newbie having a egcs1.1.1 compile problem

At 05:26 PM 2/2/99 -0700, you wrote:
>I hope some of the folks that understand and work with ppc linux can step
>forward and help address these problems.  I can't.  I don't know enough about
>ppc linux to even start.

Has anyone gotten a working PPC binary for egcs 1.1.1 on other operating
systems, e.g. DOS or FreeBSD? If not, I'd suspect a problem between the
egcs assembler/linker and the PPC architecture -- the usual suspect is an
alignment fault if the PPC strictly enforces data and/or code alignment.
If so, then it may be an OS issue and not a PPC one, which might indicate a
problem with system headers or system specs files of some sort.
--
   .*.  "Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not
-()  <  circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a