C++: <limits> and enquire

Standard C++ specifies a <limits> include file that encodes info that
C programs would usually find in <limits.h>; thing is, the encoding is
based on C++ templates, and the namespace pollution of including
<limits.h> is not OK.

So it seems to me that 'enquire' needs to write out the info it
discovers to both float.h and also, maybe, a new file <gfloat>; and
there also needs to be something new to write out the rest <limits> --
the integer parts.

I haven't seen any discussion of this on the libstdc++ mailing list,
so I figured I'd bring it up here to verify my understanding of gcc's
role in this process.

So, have I got it right?
--
Chip Salzenberg      - a.k.a. -      <chip@perlsupport.com>
      "When do you work?"   "Whenever I'm not busy."