Re: g++ compatibility with libC on Solaris

  In message <19990201222923.A22407@pimlott.ne.mediaone.net>you write:
  > My problem is that I wish to compile my C++ code with g++, but link it with
  > a (third-party, binary only) dynamic library that was compiled with the Sun
  > C++ compiler.  In our tests, this appears to introduce major
  > incompatibilites, and I would like to know if there are strategies for
  > working around them.
Nope, mixing and matching objects from different C++ compilers generally
is not going to work.

It's more than just mangling -- you also have to worry about vtable
layouts, thunks, etc.

jeff