Vendor Fortran libraries

Sun ships a highly tuned math library with its Fortran compiler.  This
library is link compatible with g77 output, and is reported to improve
performance of g77-compiled Fortran programs by roughly 2x when used
instead of the system libm.  I haven't run any accuracy tests, but
the person I've been talking to says that his codes have not lost any
accuracy.

Would it make sense to patch g77 to detect and optionally use this
library?  I can do up the patch quite easily if there is interest.

zw