RE: multiple definitions of 'xxx keyed to...' in egcs-1.1.1

> H.J.Lu wrote:
> In case of the C++ ctor/dtor, collect2 is not needed for ELF, we can
> make it local. My patch does that. If they have to be global, we can
> add strftime () with hostname in addition to append_random_chars ().
> It should have better chances to be unique. But I really want to get
> rid of the global function all together.

Wouldn't it be as easy to use something closely based on the
algorithm for generating DCE GUIDs?

Even if we have substitute IP address for the MAC address, its still
likely to be pretty good, and is at least in some sense or other
'standard'.  If the platform has a GUID generator, it can be used
directly.

James

Demonstration NTMail - see http://www.ntmail.co.uk