Re: egcs project wanted...

> I'd love to volunteer to help with one of the projects listed in
> egcs/gcc/PROJECTS

Often, gcc developers fall in two categories: front-end and back-end
people. So you should take sides :-)

Perhaps you can somehow explain areas of interest:
a) scanners, parsers (clearly front-end)
b) symbol tables (front-end)
c) OO implementation strategies
d) code generation (clearly back-end)
e) optimization

For the front-end issues, it would be good to know what language
you're experienced in. For C++, I could try to come up with a list of
open problems (for example, getting private/protected right comes to
mind).

gcc/PROJECT is more middle-end/back-end stuff. What target
architecture are you familiar with?

Regards,
Martin