Re: Data member with same name as enclosing class

> Pedantically, yes.  The problem is that this occurs in a header that has
> been around for a long time, so we have to deal with it somehow.

Is this really the case? I tried finding that structure on Solaris,
and couldn't. Also, the documentation indicates that you are supposed
to fill the bytes of the structure yourself, rather than relying on
a structure being defined.

Even if this really turns out to be mandated by some obscure API, I
still think that pedantically, we'd have to reject it. In turn, you
cannot compile an application that uses <netinet/something> with
-pedantic. What a pity.

Martin