Re: Can we remove bison output from cvs?

  In message <71B30885B657D111809D080009EEBBF34FE6D2@MAILSERV.molienergy.bc.ca>
you write:
  > It seems CVS 1.10 does not support what we need to do in the modules
  > file, namely:
  >
  > #start CVSROOT/modules
  > auto_generated_files -a {big list of auto generated files}
  >
  > egcs_noauto -a !auto_generated_files egcs
  > #start CVSROOT/modules
  >
  > the cvs modules parsing code does support the ignore directive, but ONLY
  > for directories, NOT for aliases (as I show above) or for individual
  > file names.
Bummer.

  > I didn't bother looking and non-release versions of cvs
  > like 1.10.{1->4} since I suspect few if any egcs users will be running
  > these versions.
This kind of functionality would probably be server side only, which wouldn't
require an update of the end-user client.  We need to upgrade anyway, so if
some new version has such a feature, it's just one more reason to bite the
bullet and upgrade cvs on the server.

  > 	Anybody know what the cvs developers are up to in the area?
  > Would they accept a patch from an unknown?
Dunno.  You might head over to cyclic's home page and see if they mention
anything interesting.

  > 	As for checking out things like egcs-core, egcs-g++, egcs-java
  > etc. I can try and set that up if it is useful.
Yes, I think this would still be very useful

jeff