Re: Can we remove bison output from cvs?

On Wed, 13 Jan 1999, Per Bothner wrote:
> The cvs archive is primarily for developers, plus people who want to
> be on the bleeding edgs.  In both cases, I think it is reasonable
> to require that people have bison+makeinfo installed.

I believe that requiring bison, and perhaps makeinfo as well, should not
be that much of a problem.

However, please do not make it a requirement to install various additional
packages like auto* for CVS users, both for reasons of disk space on guest
accounts and time to install these tools on various platforms.

This would be a big loss for people like Kaveh and myself. Moreover, even
if one is interested only in using snapshots, how about those using snap-
shots via CVS?

Gerald
--
Gerald Pfeifer (Jerry)      Vienna University of Technology
pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at   http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/