Re: New gcc port (ATMEL AVR) and question

Denis Chertykov writes:
 > But in some cases (in difficult tests - `fp-bit.c') compiler produce
 > the pattern (inside the movM insn) like:
 > (mem:ANY-MODE (plus:HI (reg:HI 26 r26)
 >                        (const_int some-number-lower-then-63))
 > I'm confused. May be something wrong ?
 > IMHO: reload do this, but why ?

Have you always noticed this behaviour?  Which version of egcs
are you patching against?

I have been seeing similar problems with the c4x port where reload on
the second pass substitutes pseudo registers with locations on the
stack frame that have invalid displacements.  I'm still struggling
with a large testcase to find what triggers the problem.

Michael.