Development slowdown

We're still having a major problem with stability in the source tree.
Therefore, I am calling a temporary halt to any non-bugfix patches in the
egcs code generators.

Please folks, no changes to the code generators, optimizers or backends
except those which fix bugs until Jan 1.  We really need to get the tree
stabilized, this is absurd.

This does not effect the front-ends, which have not been the cause of
instability.

If things settle down before Jan 1, then I'll lift the freeze.

jeff