Re: Signalling NaNs for floating point initialization?

>Craig had some objection to work on this which I can't recall but
>perhaps he can; it was probably to doing only part of the job,
>i.e. scalars, which probably aren't the main source of such bugs.

Maybe, but I can't recall, other than, long ago when this was first
suggested, I liked it (and wrote it down), but was probably very
nervous about how such changes would affect the "back end" of the g77
front end, especially if they required changes in the gcc/g77 back end
itself.

Now that g77 is egcs-ized, I feel a lot less "ownerous" about it, and
don't mind if others try things out.  It's a lot easier to approve
other peoples' patches, for example, when I don't have to do all the
work myself to apply them, do basic testing, document them, package
up alpha releases, upload, and announce them...and undo it all if
the patches don't work out somehow!

        tq vm, (burley)