Re: schedule_block

Jeffrey A Law writes:
 > It would take a while to dig up the testcases, but after making 3
 > attempts to fix all the problems this stupidity introduced I deemed
 > it not worth the effort in general.

So what is the proper way to achieve the effect that this piece of
code was trying to do?  A rewrite of the register allocator?

The reason I raised this query is that I'm seeing loops that have a
pressing need for a hard register which the register allocator cannot
satisfy, since the register is used for an incoming argument
(even though it may be immediately assigned to another register before
the loop and not used thereafter).

Michael.